This website describes how I rebuilt my Land Rover 110.
It's not a recommendation on how to fix yours!
In other words, I accept no responsibility if you drop a Land Rover on your foot.
About this website
ALL links open in a new window. It's the way I designed it - because in my view it makes for a better browsing experience. If you don't like it, tough.
Health and Safety Information
- Use your common sense.
- If you're going to be welding, remove your watch. Welding spatter loves to attach itself to metal watch bands.
- Something that you've just finished welding is going to be hot. Gloves are your friends.
- When angle grinding, be aware of where the sparks are going. Did you know window glass can rust? Well it's not actually the glass, it's all those tiny metal fragments.
- When using a wire brush on an angle grinder, wear eye protection. Wear hearing protection. And if you're removing rust and paint, wear a proper respirator mask - those cheap disposable felt masks are not suitable equipment. I've tried them.
- On the subject of eye protection, don't remove your goggles until your eyes no longer need protecting. Here's why (and yes, that is my site as well).
- When painting, make sure the area is well-ventilated. If you're spray-painting, cover anything that you don't want to be painted. Trust me.
- Hi-Lift jacks are extremely useful. They are also highly unstable. Use a trolley jack as well. Just in case.
- If you intend working underneath your landy, put some safety glasses on!
Mine were a bit dusty and scratched, so I didn't bother. I slid underneath with the tin of Unidox primer and started painting - splat! A big dollop of the stuff landed in my eye. Now Unidox is a very good paint; the trouble is, it's not meant to be applied to the eyes. I shot out from under the Land Rover like a bullet and made a beeline for the kitchen sink, by which time my eyelashes had been glued together (did I mention Unidox was fast-drying?) There then followed an interesting 15 minutes with the ingredients: Soap, lots of water, the other half's eye make-up remover, paint thinners, more soap, some eyedrops, more make-up remover, more water...
Some links within www.landyrebuild.com lead to other websites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. These links have been included for your convenience. The presence of such a link does not imply any responsibility for the linked site, its operator, its contents, or an endorsement thereof (though some exceptions may apply). If a link is shown, I think the linked site will add value to your browsing experience. This is not, and never will be, a "link farm" candidate.
This website and its contents are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. In other words, as I said at the top of the page, I take no responsibility if you drop a Land Rover on your foot.
This site is my personal site. It accepts advertising and other forms of compensation. Such compensation does not influence the information in this site. I always give my honest opinion, findings, beliefs, or experiences.
"Ads by Google" are not selected by me, so if you see a Google ad and a Web page about the same product or service, it is a coincidence.
Some links are affiliate links, for which I receive a commission.
However, this commission does not influence the information I provide in this site, nor does it mean that you will pay more if you buy through my links.
This site takes time, effort and money to maintain and to deliver on-going original content, free of charge, so your ongoing support in purchasing through these links is much appreciated.
I only accept non-Google sponsorships from providers of high-quality goods or services. I appreciate their recognition and support of this site.
Please rest assured that the actual content of this site is independent of any sponsorship or affiliate relationship.
You may download and temporarily store one or more pages from www.landyrebuild.com for viewing on a personal computer. The contents of this site are protected by copyright under international conventions and, apart from the permission stated above, the reproduction, permanent storage, or re-transmission of the contents of this site is prohibited without prior written consent from me.
Thank you very much for reading this disclaimer. Your use of this site indicates acceptance thereof.
Now go and do some work on your Land Rover.